Pablo goes to see Skip
-
sweet16
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
I didn't know Pablo personally and my only interaction with him was through this message board. That said, we shared a common passion that, like so many other relationships on this board, galvanized our brotherhood. I always enjoyed his sense of humor and I too feel like I've lost a brother. God bless his family.
-
vmuskie
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:40 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
God bless him and his family.
I never knew him outside of this board, but he embodied the best of Xavier to me - smart, funny, thoughtful, opinionated and with a strong belief system. We are blessed for having participated in some small way in life together.
I never knew him outside of this board, but he embodied the best of Xavier to me - smart, funny, thoughtful, opinionated and with a strong belief system. We are blessed for having participated in some small way in life together.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
I'm shocked and saddened. We had gotten to know each other through these boards, and saw each other on several of my trips to Cincinnati, including at least one trip where Pablo comped me on seats. We always had a great time talking XU basketball, even if we sometimes came at it from different directions.
He will be sorely missed, and long remembered. My condolences to his family and friends.
He will be sorely missed, and long remembered. My condolences to his family and friends.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
newtsac
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:41 am
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Although I never had the pleasure to meet "Pablo" in person, he has always been the first character to come to mind when someone mentions this chatboard during conversation. I have been reading often and posting sporadically for over 6 years now. ALWAYS, Pablo's postings and rants stood out with the greatest air of passion for Xavier basketball and the community therein.
Being the son of a Xavier grad and never having attended, I know very few posters in the living flesh. But from those I know well, like Kahn's Krazy, I always have asked for anecdotes about their MM friends - simply because this place is a nuthouse sometimes. Always, Pablo's name has always come up because he seems to have captivated everyone he met.
We have many truly unique characters here, extending from the childishly brash to the overly sensitive; from the staunch supporters to the quick detractors. Each real life person has a unique personalty that adds so much life to the truly wacky dynamic here. I feel that Pablo has left me with the most "true" feeling of his actual character. His cheerful exuberance for all things comedic will be forever missed not only on this board, but also in his day-to-day real life interaction. And I am truly sorry for the McCormick family...
I have met a couple MM posters here and there over the last couple years at NCAA tourney games, etc... and I can't help but stress that it is of the utmost importance to at least get together and have a beer with the people on this board. We are a community together that has at least one common denominator, at that should be enough. I feel sorry to have never made the effort to meet Pablo now, but I know his friends will keep his memory alive for many years to come.
I apologize for the length of this post. God Bless.
Being the son of a Xavier grad and never having attended, I know very few posters in the living flesh. But from those I know well, like Kahn's Krazy, I always have asked for anecdotes about their MM friends - simply because this place is a nuthouse sometimes. Always, Pablo's name has always come up because he seems to have captivated everyone he met.
We have many truly unique characters here, extending from the childishly brash to the overly sensitive; from the staunch supporters to the quick detractors. Each real life person has a unique personalty that adds so much life to the truly wacky dynamic here. I feel that Pablo has left me with the most "true" feeling of his actual character. His cheerful exuberance for all things comedic will be forever missed not only on this board, but also in his day-to-day real life interaction. And I am truly sorry for the McCormick family...
I have met a couple MM posters here and there over the last couple years at NCAA tourney games, etc... and I can't help but stress that it is of the utmost importance to at least get together and have a beer with the people on this board. We are a community together that has at least one common denominator, at that should be enough. I feel sorry to have never made the effort to meet Pablo now, but I know his friends will keep his memory alive for many years to come.
I apologize for the length of this post. God Bless.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Nothing at all to apologize for, newtsac. Heartfelt (and 100% correct) comments are always a welcome addition.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Bmuskie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:19 am
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
A glass will be raised in his honor tonight. I am sure that Skip and Father Hoff and Many others from the Xavier Community that have passed welcomed Pablo with open arms. This is a sad day and our thoughts and prayers are with his family. 
-
sash19
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
I went to X with Brian and spent alot of time with him. I am shocked to hear this news. I cant believe it. A great guy, who loved X. Way to early for him to go. I send my prayers to his family.
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
I, too, only knew Brian (Pablo) through this board. However, we shared a common love -- Xavier Basketball.
His family is in my prayers and I hope that he and the rest of the heavenly Xavier Community continue to look over us.
RIP Pablo
His family is in my prayers and I hope that he and the rest of the heavenly Xavier Community continue to look over us.
RIP Pablo
-
gruehls
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:28 am
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
i knew him first as a worthy adversary.
i knew him next as a friend.
this saddens me more than i can express.
you left your mark pablo.
here, there, and everywhere.
dayton comes to mind.
peace brother.
i knew him next as a friend.
this saddens me more than i can express.
you left your mark pablo.
here, there, and everywhere.
dayton comes to mind.
peace brother.
-
Gorilla '69
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
muskieman introduced me to Pablo a couple of years ago at the A-10 tourney. He was a very funny guy, as evidenced by all his posts.
mm - didn't he travel a lot in his job, like to China, etc? A true loss and much too early.
mm - didn't he travel a lot in his job, like to China, etc? A true loss and much too early.
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 917 guests
