<<<Mr. N, I would hope that if you were given several opportunities to leave and continue on your way AND you had weed on your person, you would have been smart enough to shut the f**k up and leave unscathed.>>
Now, I wouldn't even be in that situation. But there was one occasion 30-odd years ago when a "highly intoxicated" Mr. N, on the way home from his 3rd bar of the night, decided to comment on how the Chicago Police were handling another guy, and I ended up joining the gentleman in a CPD "office" for the evening.
Next morning, the judge basically asked if I was done being a loudmouthed a-hole, I said yes, and I was allowed to rejoin society.
Lavender ...
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
I agree with Eastside to an extent. I know a faculty member who posted a picture of Lloyd Price on her bulletin board just to remind her - never again. There are always the fans of a program that refuse to see the downside. As an example there are actually people who think highly of Bob Huggins all dashboard camera evidence to the contrary. There is however a difference between taking a chance on a kid, James Posey, Lenny Brown and a consistent pattern of recruitment of those of questionable character and classroom disinterest. I remain hopeful that those days are in the past at UC and I am certain that it will not be the pattern at X.
-
MuskieCinci
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
The bottom line is it was something stupid, but it was bound to happen to Drew sooner or later. Sean basically had the managers babysit Drew these past few years to keep him out of trouble. Now that he is done with Xavier basketball the reigns have been loosened on him, so he went out and did some of the stupid things he maybe could not have done the past couple of years. On the other hand though, its not really a big deal. He was drunk and had pot on him. He handled himself poorly in front of the police of course, but this is certainly not on par with torturing your roommate or firing a gun in a public place.
-
xavierj
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
Yeah I doubt very seriously that Jamal Warren was sober when he wrecked his car earlier this year and decided to ditch instead of calling the police to report his accident. Had he had problems before he came to UC?Eastside_J wrote:Ha! You don't even believe that.
Look we talked about this last year and you said the same thing. What I have said holds true, if you are going to take the guys who have already had "issues" at other programs, the chances are they are going to repeat those issues at X. And guess what they are...
UC will certainly take a kid at some point with some question marks and/or issues. The only difference will be any UC fan would admit the increased risk you take in doing so.
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
I agree with Eastside to an extent. I know a faculty member who posted a picture of Lloyd Price on her bulletin board just to remind her - never again. There are always the fans of a program that refuse to see the downside. As an example there are actually people who think highly of Bob Huggins all dashboard camera evidence to the contrary. There is however a difference between taking a chance on a kid, James Posey, Lenny Brown and a consistent pattern of recruitment of those of questionable character and classroom disinterest. I remain hopeful that those days are in the past at UC and I am certain that they will not be the pattern X.
-
drudy23
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
At least he waited until the season was over...team player.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
You know this professor personally?passthepuck? wrote:I agree with Eastside to an extent. I know a faculty member who posted a picture of Lloyd Price on her bulletin board just to remind her - never again. There are always the fans of a program that refuse to see the downside. As an example there are actually people who think highly of Bob Huggins all dashboard camera evidence to the contrary. There is however a difference between taking a chance on a kid, James Posey, Lenny Brown and a consistent pattern of recruitment of those of questionable character and classroom disinterest. I remain hopeful that those days are in the past at UC and I am certain that they will not be the pattern X.
The reason UC fans think highly of Bobby is his ability to throw up on his Lexus...or maybe it wasn't Bobby that threw up but a certain friend? Also the difference between Drew and Bob...about 30 years but then some kids never grow up.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
D West
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
Eastside_J wrote:When is the string of yearly arrests going to end fellas?
At what price success?
EJ.....Did Drew puke on his Lexus? Didn't hit a police horse either.
Hey, he had a few pops and was out of line. I realize college kids shouldn't do this but he made a mistake and will pay for it.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
EJ, I've long said that X's players aren't angels, and never have been. That's true of every major Div. I program, and probably of most mid-and-lower level programs as well. The student body as a whole isn't comprised of 100% law-abiding citizens; to expect the student-athletes to be any different is totally unrealistic.
However, the difference between the UC and Xavier programs is the overall tone of the programs. X prides itself on graduating its seniors; UC never did.
X at least tried to recruit guys who would reflect well on the school off the court as well as on; UC never gave any indication that that was a concern.
It's like neighborhoods-you certainly have crime in "good" neighborhoods, but it's less frequent and less accepted by the community. That's the difference between the Xavier and UC programs in terms of student-athlete conduct.
However, the difference between the UC and Xavier programs is the overall tone of the programs. X prides itself on graduating its seniors; UC never did.
X at least tried to recruit guys who would reflect well on the school off the court as well as on; UC never gave any indication that that was a concern.
It's like neighborhoods-you certainly have crime in "good" neighborhoods, but it's less frequent and less accepted by the community. That's the difference between the Xavier and UC programs in terms of student-athlete conduct.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Lavender24
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:43 pm
- Contact:
Re: Lavender ...
im not giving drew an excuse but if you've been to a college party thats what happens, trust me i know.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 880 guests
