Congratulations From St. John's

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
St. John's Fan
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:31 pm
Contact:

Congratulations From St. John's

Postby St. John's Fan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:54 pm

Congratulations on the amazing season. On behalf of St. John's fans and fans of the rest of the Big East, thank you for saving face for the conference (and making us all about 800k!).

I predicted X to make the Final Four after your loss last March, but then Reynolds went pro, the Davis situation unfolded the way it did, and you lost, in my opinion, one of the 20 best players in the country in Sumner. The fact that you guys even made the tournament after that speaks volumes about how incredible of a head coach Chris Mack is and how strong your program is from top to bottom. Going on this type of run, though, was just incredibly special. I've never seen a kid play as hard as Macura in my life and Bluiett is unflapppable...truly inspiring. And, wow, O'Mara really blossomed too, didn't he? They are all easy kids to cheer for. I am more upset about this loss tonight than I have been for any SJU loss in years.

I spoke to dozens of SJU fans and a few from Nova and SH and every single one of them were 100% in X's corner. Best of luck getting healthy and not having anyone jump pro, because I think X can take it all next year with a couple of lucky breaks. I'll will definitely be checking out a game in the Cintas Cemter next year.

Cheers.
XU80
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Congratulations From St. John's

Postby XU80 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks St.Johns fan. We are very thankful to be in the Big East!! While the Big East didn't have the best NCAA tourney. The future is bright and I think the coaches in the Big East are as good as any conference. Our conference will only get better in the years to come.

I hope you can make it to the Cintas next year. It is a great environment and very fan friendly.
kyzrex
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
Contact:

Re: Congratulations From St. John's

Postby kyzrex » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks SJF! Post like yours, and like others from Nova Fan, etc. are a big reason why I think the new BE is such a great conference....there really does seem to be an All For One attitude among the schools. I loved watching the league back in the days of "Big Monday", and enjoy it even more now. Believe it or not, I was actually rooting for BUTLER to win their E8 game! (That might be a stretch, but as it is Sunday I'll try to be charitable toward them) The point being that it seems that even though there are still rivalries among the schools, it's certainly not a matter of "hating", and there certainly seems to be a great deal of respect among the schools, and even a sense of support of one another. I like that, as it reminds me of how things were "back in the day" when I was wearing a Xavier uniform, or before that a HS uniform in the GCL here in Cincinnati. "Friendly" revialries that made competeing fun and not war. SJF, don't be a stranger and good luck to the Johnnies in the future!
#WHYNOTX?
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Congratulations From St. John's

Postby xu koop scoop » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:48 am

Go St John. Keep improving your program.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 907 guests