Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 6080
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Shadow pointed out that the thread was moved, so that should satisfy you. I am as political as they come, but rarely on this board. In fact this board helps me get away from it. So let's all try to focus on the basketball end of things.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
bluegrass
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby bluegrass » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:11 pm

It's a lame excuse for Duke fans.They lost because SC was better
tacitus
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby tacitus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:23 am

I retract my statement about you knocking the players and coaches. After re-reading some of your posts, you have been fairly consistently positive and complimentary.

But I still think you are off base gripping about the NCAA taking a stand on an important issue that requires a just (and constitutional)resolution.
Let's March!
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Testing this specific post on South Carolina. I keep posting replies to Tacitus and they show up, but within 30 minutes - they are gone, or moved.
THIS MAY BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST DAYS IN XU BBALL - ATTACK & FINISH. Someone inform me on what is happening. If someone posts something on this site that seems to have a liberal slant - that seems OK. But if someone (me) posts something with a conservative slant, it disappears or gets moved. This is what we call fake news, because one persons slant is not allowed. Sad :cry:
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby Shadow » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Take a hint and get off the political rants,
The post are gone but you are still here - for now.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
mumuskie87
Posts: 12160
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby mumuskie87 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm

xu koop scoop wrote:Testing this specific post on South Carolina. I keep posting replies to Tacitus and they show up, but within 30 minutes - they are gone, or moved.
THIS MAY BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST DAYS IN XU BBALL - ATTACK & FINISH. Someone inform me on what is happening. If someone posts something on this site that seems to have a liberal slant - that seems OK. But if someone (me) posts something with a conservative slant, it disappears or gets moved. This is what we call fake news, because one persons slant is not allowed. Sad :cry:
I'm sure that there is both folks that lean conservative and folks that lean liberal on this board.
If I had to make a guess I would think the conservative side would be in the majority. But I could be totally wrong. But it doesn't really matter and I really don't care.
This is a basketball forum for Xavier University fans and maybe some not so fans.
If I wanted to participate in political discussions ( which I don't) I could go to any article on Yahoo News and toss my opinion in with all of the other smucks that post their opinions.
In the end, there are no rights here. Posting on this board is a privilege, not a right. Abuse the privilege and you don't post. Simple as that.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
xu koop scoop
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Why was my South Carolina thread taken down?

Postby xu koop scoop » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:13 pm

I norrmally write good stuff here & we can all get crazy after we beat Gonzaga tonite. I hope to write funny stuff about the game- win or lose. I didn't mean to upset anybody, but if 1 view is expressed on this board - the opposite view needs to be allowed. I never expressed my view on my original post. Only that it happened. TO TACITUS, SHADOW, ETC.... I HAVE BEGGED TO JUST MEET IN MIDDLE & ENJOY FACT WE ARE DIEHARD XU FANS. I WANT TO SEE THE XU NAME MENTIONED OFTEN FOR 1 MORE WEEKEND AFTER THIS. WE HAVE NEVER PLAYED IN APRIL - HOPE THAT HAPPENS.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1010 guests