Sean Miller
-
X-Expert
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
- Contact:
Sean Miller
Sean was and IS a great ambassador for Xavier. He was awesome after the game personally going to Tre and JP while they were celebrating. He went into the locker room and congratulated Mack and the players. I still remember him having X's back during the brawl saying he was "proud of X players". I have always been a critic of Mack but talk about your jump the shark moments. Miller said Mack outcoached him. I don't know if he outcoached him last night but preparation long before last nights game by Mack and coaching staff was unbelievable. Give O'Mara credit for becoming a force but give the coaching staff kudos for getting him great looks. This should be huge even going to next year. Thanks to Miller for what he did at X, for Mack, and the program in general. As Sean said in the press conference, he wants X to win it all.
-
Larry Sykes
- Posts: 346
- Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 am
- Contact:
Re: Sean Miller
Matta reached Elite 8 - left the following year
Miller reached Elite 8 - left the following year
Mack reaches Elite 8 - Everyone please pray that IU hires Alford.
If Mack reaches the Final 4, I think he never leaves and cements himself as greatest Xavier coach ever.
Miller reached Elite 8 - left the following year
Mack reaches Elite 8 - Everyone please pray that IU hires Alford.
If Mack reaches the Final 4, I think he never leaves and cements himself as greatest Xavier coach ever.
-
Wildcat
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 am
- Contact:
Re: Sean Miller
I definitely believe Mack outcoached Miller last night and that's not to say that I'm upset or disappointed with Miller. Mack found a way to take a relatively undersized team and hit nearly 60% 2 pointers last night. That's great coaching and your players deserve a ton of credit for making the most of those opportunities, fighting hard for precious rebounds and just finding a way to get the W last night.
Take it to the Zags on Saturday!
Take it to the Zags on Saturday!
-
mumuskie87
- Posts: 12160
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Sean Miller
Thad left for some school in central Ohio after the 2004 E8 appearanceLarry Sykes wrote:Matta reached Elite 8 - left the following year
Miller reached Elite 8 - left the following year
Mack reaches Elite 8 - Everyone please pray that IU hires Alford.
If Mack reaches the Final 4, I think he never leaves and cements himself as greatest Xavier coach ever.
Sean didn't leave after the 2008 E8 appearance.
He stayed one more year and took X to S16 where X lost to Pitt.
Then he headed to the desert.
I would like to think (and hope) that Chris would like to have a legacy like a Jay Wright has at Nova.
Getting to a F4 is a big step in achieving that.
"Sports is a coffee break."
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
Al McGuire
"If someone offers to double your money, walk away. If he offers to make you 20 %, hear him out."
Al McGuire
- muskieman
- Posts: 26816
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sean Miller
Miller said that in his press conferenceWildcat wrote:I definitely believe Mack outcoached Miller last night and that's not to say that I'm upset or disappointed with Miller. Mack found a way to take a relatively undersized team and hit nearly 60% 2 pointers last night. That's great coaching and your players deserve a ton of credit for making the most of those opportunities, fighting hard for precious rebounds and just finding a way to get the W last night.
Take it to the Zags on Saturday!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Anti-Homer
- Posts: 7017
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Sean Miller
Agreed. The only time I root against him is when they play X, or another BE team. I hope X and AZ make the FF in opposite brackets next year.X-Expert wrote:Sean was and IS a great ambassador for Xavier. He was awesome after the game personally going to Tre and JP while they were celebrating. He went into the locker room and congratulated Mack and the players. I still remember him having X's back during the brawl saying he was "proud of X players". I have always been a critic of Mack but talk about your jump the shark moments. Miller said Mack outcoached him. I don't know if he outcoached him last night but preparation long before last nights game by Mack and coaching staff was unbelievable. Give O'Mara credit for becoming a force but give the coaching staff kudos for getting him great looks. This should be huge even going to next year. Thanks to Miller for what he did at X, for Mack, and the program in general. As Sean said in the press conference, he wants X to win it all.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 774 guests
