NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X is elite
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:41 am
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby X is elite » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:29 pm

NKU is my Alma Mater I have been a X fan for a long time since the days of Gary Lumpkin and James Posey, even had season tickets for 3 years. I hold season tickets for NKU currently. These guys were fairly good during the season, but have gotten so much better just since the last week of February. Debating whether they would beat Xavier now or not doesn't make a ton of since.

What I can tell you they are playing at high level. NKU wouldn't be able to run through the Big East and win a bunch of games, but at this point it doesn't matter. Once you get in the tourney you just have to outplay the team you are playing for the one day, not the entire season.

You have to remember Xavier was at one point kind of in a similar spot NKU is in now. Playing MCC....then A-10..Now Big East. Doesn't mean NKU will make jumps like that, but ideally us fans would like to see them be where Xavier was in the 90's and grow from there. That is my hope for NKU and this is a step in the right direction. Plus NKU brings their whole team back next year, (assuming nothing wild happens off season). That is really why I started liking Xavier so much when everyone else here was rooting for UK. I saw the potential of the program and liked to watch it grow.



GO X and GO Norse !
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:NKU is in the Dance its first year eligible. You just cannot beat that period. I do not think NKU gives a damn what their seed is or who they play. Darn it....they are in the Dance...that is all that matters to them.
and they should enjoy it. They earned it.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
thecoach
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby thecoach » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Marquette one and done. Not sure how this will impact us. Our numbers better, but they beat us twice. They were clearly near the end of the bracket.
skyhops
Posts: 3926
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: NKU RPI vs BIG EAST RPI

Postby skyhops » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Congrats to NKU they earned with their play in second half of season.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1012 guests