After 3 days to reflect, I had to get this off my chest before our next game.
We had a kid Go OFF for 40 freaking points....and still lost. Let that sink in. A 40 point game by one guy, and lost to garbage.
This, to me, is the most embarrassing loss to the Clifton Cretins since Sean Miller's team lost to YTG when the BoreCats had to resort to big minutes from Conor freaking Barwin...a football player, because they didn't have any players.
To be out worked, out hustled and out -efforted in a rivalry game is just unfathomable. I have never seen a more pathetic rebounding exhibition.
This team seems like they have an entitlement attitude where they seem to think that they can just roll out there and the game will fall their way. I think that is why Mack closed practice last Saturday and brought a bunch of alumni players in to talk to these guys. It sure didn't take Thursday night.
I'm sure not giving up on this team...I already have my 2 full session Big East Tournament tix in hand, but I am no longer expecting anything special from this group. I haven't thought we were Top 20 caliber since the Colorado game that I attended with my Hall of Fame cousin coach. Something has been missing, and now I think that what is missing is HEART. The game against a second rate coach and barely high major talent- but their biggest rival- where they just exposed as poseurs, convinced me.
No more screaming at the TV. If they aren't putting forth the effort, then I'm not either.
#StillPissed
CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
Xavier2005
- Posts: 865
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm
- Contact:
Re: CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
AMEN to what you said. But I felt even before the Cincinnati game they would NOT win...due to their past performances. And at the half time of the game ...I turned to the wife and said...Xavier is going to lose, because Tre is the ONLY person for X playing basketball and X cannot win with just one player scoring and almost no one rebounding.
-
muncie6569
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
I agree the "soft" inside and only intermittent hustling was actually shocking to me. I was discussing this with a friend that added "it's like they are all introverts on the court " lol except Basketball Jones, who is rapidly becoming my favorite player.Masterofreality wrote:After 3 days to reflect, I had to get this off my chest before our next game.
We had a kid Go OFF for 40 freaking points....and still lost. Let that sink in. A 40 point game by one guy, and lost to garbage.
This, to me, is the most embarrassing loss to the Clifton Cretins since Sean Miller's team lost to YTG when the BoreCats had to resort to big minutes from Conor freaking Barwin...a football player, because they didn't have any players.
To be out worked, out hustled and out -efforted in a rivalry game is just unfathomable. I have never seen a more pathetic rebounding exhibition.
This team seems like they have an entitlement attitude where they seem to think that they can just roll out there and the game will fall their way. I think that is why Mack closed practice last Saturday and brought a bunch of alumni players in to talk to these guys. It sure didn't take Thursday night.
I'm sure not giving up on this team...I already have my 2 full session Big East Tournament tix in hand, but I am no longer expecting anything special from this group. I haven't thought we were Top 20 caliber since the Colorado game that I attended with my Hall of Fame cousin coach. Something has been missing, and now I think that what is missing is HEART. The game against a second rate coach and barely high major talent- but their biggest rival- where they just exposed as poseurs, convinced me.
No more screaming at the TV. If they aren't putting forth the effort, then I'm not either.
#StillPissed
-
edgecliff hall
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
- Contact:
Re: CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
Introverts huh? What an interesting use of the word. Wake up, you Introverts!
XU Psych Dept. takes over team. Coach Mack gets Tech Foul for "enabling."
Shadow, don't ban me for Satire. I have no control over it.
XU Psych Dept. takes over team. Coach Mack gets Tech Foul for "enabling."
Shadow, don't ban me for Satire. I have no control over it.
-
XU85
- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 am
- Contact:
Re: CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
The only rational explanation I can come up with for getting beat up that badly is that maybe Gaston or O'Mara (hopefully both) had the flu that reportedly ran through the team earlier in the weak. We'll find out tonite. Regarding Jones, the poor kid was playing on one leg and still played better.
-
oreobob
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
Basketball Jones is best nickname yet!!!!!
-
thecoach
- Posts: 1492
- Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
- Contact:
Re: CrossTown Meltdown Aftermath
You can't worry about one loss. Uc has a very good DEEP team, and they are getting better as those frosh improve. We've been fortunate in that game to get some really big performances that have kind of come out of nowhere(dee davis) or the series would be closer, and the series would likely be much more of a back and forth affair. You are never as good or bad as you think you are.One thing for certain, we need to recruit and retain depth or it's going to be a struggle in the shootout the next several years. I've seen the kid from Sacred Heart who will assume the pg position in Clifton next year, and surrounded by what they have right now i'll venture to say they will be one of the top scoring teams in the country next year. Kid can score and pass the ball. The guys i saw him play with are SJ guys, and they called him the left handed S Curry. The days of Uc struggling to score the ball are likely gone for the near future. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HJmKKE3REY
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 772 guests
