LSU Game

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xnatic03
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:32 am
Contact:

LSU Game

Postby xnatic03 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:55 am

Is anyone else planning travelling to that game? My dad and I are planning the road trip, and I bought tickets to the game yesterday.
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby Wisexuowl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:03 am

I will be there with "rings on my fingers, and bells on my toes."
While the Maravich Arena is 37 years old, it is a great place to watch a game. The sight lines are outstanding, and the lighting superb.
While LSU fans are nuts over football, they are LSU fans, and they will be loud, but they are great sports and fun to be with.
The city is a great one. Many great restaurants, especially if you have a taste for French cuisine and seafood.
Chances are the weather will be “fair” .. could be rainy .. but will be a helluva lot warmer than Cincinnati.
Baton Rouge (Red Stick) has several excellent golf courses, most notably the “Louisiana PGA” that was designed by himself … “Jack.”
There are a number of fine hotels near the campus.
When you start looking at airfares, check out flying from C-Bus, Lousyville, or Speed-City to New Orleans via Southwest. I think you’ll find them the lowest and it’s just an hour drive from NO to BR.
I’ll bounce back later with a list of hotels and eats and golf data.
But, also, set aside time to walk around the campus. It’s a gem … and the women … Oh la la
xnatic03
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:32 am
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby xnatic03 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:24 am

I think my dad booked a flight yesterday. We're going to fly from Louisville to New Orleans on the 23rd, stay in New Orleans for the night (so we can check out Bourbon Street), then drive up to Baton Rouge. A close friend of mine lives in Baton Rouge, so we'll probably stay there on Saturday. I appreciate the infor Wise, and if you have some restaurant info for Saturday, let me know. Also, let me know where you guys are sitting....Wouldn't mind seeing some other X fans down there.
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby Wisexuowl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm

Best airfare is Dayton to New Orleans ... $360. per round trip on United.
xnatic03
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:32 am
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby xnatic03 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:51 am

Wise,

We're only paying around $180-$200 roundtrip from Dayton to New Orleans (there is a layover in Atlanta). We're leaving Friday and coming back on Sunday. The tickets to the game were only like $16.50 a piece (counting service fees), so it's going to be a relatively inexpensive road trip.
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby Wisexuowl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Right! The fair I quoted should have also said that is from Cincy.
The SW fair is the best from a SW location.
skyhops
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby skyhops » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:54 am

Nice Scarlet Begonia reference. I hope Big Baby or Chris Jackson don't have good games.
Mr O
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby Mr O » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:14 am

Mr & Mrs O are planing on being there.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: LSU Game

Postby muskieman » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Mr O wrote:Mr & Mrs O are planing on being there.
Mr O is everywhere Xavier goes. He is the man....and he remembered his password!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 822 guests