Xavier books distributed

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Xavier books distributed

Postby muskieman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:25 pm

Xavier books distributed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every "Xavier Tales" book ordered online through Aug. 25 has been put in the mail. I am now set up to send out books as soon as they are ordered. If you want them signed, email xaviertales@aol.com as soon as you order it. If you wait a day, it might already be shipped out. I am trying to set up for maximum efficiency now that the initial rush is over.

The only places that are stocking the book as of this moment are the Xavier bookstore, Borders in Tri-County and the Enquirer Customer Service Center at 312 Elm. St. I'll add locations as they happen.

Books pre-ordered for pickup are now at the Xavier ATHLETIC TICKET OFFICE, not the bookstore. There is a spreadsheet with the names of those who requested the pick-up option. I'd call to make sure it's open before you head up there.

I'll keep this board updated on appearances, many of which will be with former players.

I think I'm all caught up. Thanks for your patience. It was a lot more work than anticipated getting out the initial shipment.

I appreciate everyone's support. There are fewer than 3,400 copies remaining.

Michael Perry
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
gym from delhi
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier books distributed

Postby gym from delhi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Michael, could you get more printed if this run sells out?
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier books distributed

Postby Mr. Neutral » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Just got my copy this afternoon, and I can't wait to delve into it.

And Mike even inscribed it the way I requested-"To Gary, the online scourge of Xavier coaches."

It's tongue in cheek, folks, in case you're wondering.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier books distributed

Postby muskieman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:28 pm

I am jealous, You live in Chicago and I am still looking for my copy. Hey Mike, I know where I stand ;-}
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
xaviertales
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier books distributed

Postby xaviertales » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Gym from Delhi: It's highly unlikely there will be a second printing. It's been quite a process. I honestly can't imagine going through that.
WestCoastMuskie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier books distributed

Postby WestCoastMuskie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:18 pm

If you do a second printing, we were a 6 seed when we beat Georgetown, not a 7 seed. It's not possible for a 7 to play a 3 in the second round.

But thanks for writing the book; I am loving all the insider stories.
WestCoastMuskie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier books distributed

Postby WestCoastMuskie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:18 pm

If you do a second printing, we were a 6 seed when we beat Georgetown, not a 7 seed. It's not possible for a 7 to play a 3 in the second round.

But thanks for writing the book; I am loving all the insider stories.
WestCoastMuskie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier books distributed

Postby WestCoastMuskie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 am

Also, the Shootout where David West got injured was not the most lopsided in 35 years. The 97 Shootout was a much more severe but kicking by X. We were up by 28 before Skip pulled the starters. UC had no idea how to counter Posey. I think the final margin was 20, but it would have been in the 30s if the starters had not come out with 5:00 minutes left!!

So that comment bothered me. I hated seeing West get hurt, but UC built its lead to 20 where in '97, we were up much worse.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 952 guests