Tony Snow dies at 53

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Tony Snow dies at 53

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:53 am

Tony was a guy everyone could like because he had a good heart and was a congenial person like we would like to see from our county's leaders.

Snow was born in Berea, Kentucky, and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. His father, Jim, taught social studies and was an assistant principal at Princeton High School in suburban Cincinnati, from which his son graduated. His mother was an inner-city nurse who died of colon cancer in 1973 when Snow was 17 years old. After graduating from Princeton High School in Sharonville, Ohio, Snow obtained his Bachelor of Arts in philosophy from Davidson College in 1977.

Image
RIP Tony 1955-2008
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
RONALD78
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
Contact:

Re: Tony Snow dies at 53

Postby RONALD78 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:27 am

so sorry for him and his family. But as a healthcare/hospital type ,, YOU,everyone needs to do pro active exams when called for and annual physicals meaning x rays tests and blood tests etc and colon exams after 50 to try to catch this stuff before it spreads!!! Because after it gets into your overall system or blood or whatever ..it is the end. A lot can be prevented if you do the proper things in advance. Be proactive rather than reactive.
XU Fan in DC
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:19 am
Contact:

Re: Tony Snow dies at 53

Postby XU Fan in DC » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:22 am

RONALD78 wrote:so sorry for him and his family. But as a healthcare/hospital type ,, YOU,everyone needs to do pro active exams when called for and annual physicals meaning x rays tests and blood tests etc and colon exams after 50 to try to catch this stuff before it spreads!!! Because after it gets into your overall system or blood or whatever ..it is the end. A lot can be prevented if you do the proper things in advance. Be proactive rather than reactive.

Good point, bad example. Per Wikipedia, Snow had ulcerative colitis for years and was at increased risk for colon cancer (his mother died of it when he was 17). I imagine he had many more regular colon checkups than the average person. I understand and agree with your point about getting regular colon exams, but it doesn't apply in his case.

RIP Tony - you will be greatly missed by this fellow Cincinnatian in DC. You did the hometown proud.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Tony Snow dies at 53

Postby muskieman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:43 pm

XU Fan in DC wrote:
RONALD78 wrote:so sorry for him and his family. But as a healthcare/hospital type ,, YOU,everyone needs to do pro active exams when called for and annual physicals meaning x rays tests and blood tests etc and colon exams after 50 to try to catch this stuff before it spreads!!! Because after it gets into your overall system or blood or whatever ..it is the end. A lot can be prevented if you do the proper things in advance. Be proactive rather than reactive.

Good point, bad example. Per Wikipedia, Snow had ulcerative colitis for years and was at increased risk for colon cancer (his mother died of it when he was 17). I imagine he had many more regular colon checkups than the average person. I understand and agree with your point about getting regular colon exams, but it doesn't apply in his case.

RIP Tony - you will be greatly missed by this fellow Cincinnatian in DC. You did the hometown proud.
XU fan in DC is right. I have a similar colon problem and they watch me closer than ever with a cat scans and colonoscopy part of my yearly physical. In fact I have had two of each since Nov of last year and a standing order when I go to the hospital. No fun but necessary.
"Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States when men and women are considered separately, and the second leading cause when both sexes are combined." http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/conte ... cancer.asp
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1185 guests