Burrell discusses draft process, chances

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Burrell discusses draft process, chances

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:36 am

The article focuses on IUPUI's George Hill and SB.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 004/SPORTS
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Burrell discusses draft process, chances

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:56 am

Interesting that Hill went to the Spurs in the first round. IUPUI is now a powerhouse!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Burrell discusses draft process, chances

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:02 am

That's got to be a first for IUPUI.

By every indicator, Stan was less likely than Josh to get drafted, and that's how it plays out. Stan will likely be heading overseas; Josh has a shot at an NBA job.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Burrell discusses draft process, chances

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 am

All I can see is that there is an awful lot of talent out there that didn't get picked. Someone with tons of money(are you listening Gary) should start a league to compete with the NBA and they could put together a good number of teams that would have NBA talent.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Burrell discusses draft process, chances

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:09 am

<<Someone with tons of money(are you listening Gary) should start a league to compete with the NBA and they could put together a good number of teams that would have NBA talent.>>

It was called the ABA, and it was fun, but it folded.

There may be enough talent to fill up more teams, but there aren't enough cities to support more teams. The Sonics want out of Seattle, the Hornets wanted out of New Orleans, Portland's not drawing like they used to, KC's lost a team...you get my point.

And you can argue that even the talent is diluted. Before the NBA Finals, former Bulls' beat writer Sam Smith made the comment that only 1 of the 10 Lakers-Celtics starters would start on the 1984 Lakers-Celtics' teams, and that was Kobe Bryant.

Before you say Kevin Garnett, which HOF would he start in front of-Bird, McHale or Parish?

Possibly Pierce, but would he have started over Dennis Johnson or Danny Ainge? Maybe, maybe not.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Burrell discusses draft process, chances

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:46 pm

I'd say Garnett would start in front of McHale or Parrish. It would be close but I like Garnett a lot not to say I didn't like the other two.

McHale averaged 17.9 pts per game on his career 7.3 rebounds 1.7 Assist and 1.9 Turnovers 1.7 blocks in 13 seasons

Garnett has averaged 20.4 pts per game, 11.2 rebounds per game, 4.4 assists and 2.53 TOs, 1.6 blocks in 13 seasons so far

Robert Parrish 14.5 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 1.4 assists and 1.47 blocks per game,
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 854 guests