Xavier coaches recruiting for Louisville

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-Expert

Xavier coaches recruiting for Louisville

Postby X-Expert » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Assuming this is true, X needs to be practive. Don't wait for Louisville to make an announcement. X should come out now and say Mack is no longer coach. My hope is that their new coach is already decided and they should be calling recruits. Hope Steele wasn't the coach who made that call.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... YyxkxDKvJ/
bluegrass

Re: Xavier coaches recruiting for Louisville

Postby bluegrass » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Seems pretty crappy.I would clean their offices out then .This whole thing needs to be resolved asap
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:20 pm

I agree in principle but I'm not sure practically you could do that. Why fire the guy 48 hours before he leaves anyway and end up having to pay his buy out?
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:22 pm

lionelchalmers0 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:20 pm
I agree in principle but I'm not sure practically you could do that. Why fire the guy 48 hours before he leaves anyway and end up having to pay his buy out?
If they are actually calling recruits for Louisville I would guess he has already told X that he is gone. Otherwise, this would likely violate some rule
True_Blue

Postby True_Blue » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:30 pm

IF it can be proven that Mack told his coaches to recruit for Louisville, I think XU could fire Mack for cause and not have a buy-out situation on its hands. If not, shame on XU for not having a clause like this in Mack's contract or the other coaches contracts as well.

(I don't know if I even buy that this happened, but if it did, it is a sad moment for all the coaches involved.)
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:44 pm

My take on all this is the silence is deafening. Obviously there are some timing issues with Lvl their board of directors and ad appt. However, if Mack was not interested(or taking it) i would expect he or X to come out with something. Me thinks it's all over but the fat guy singing.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 pm

Agree W/ The Coach. Also, if true, I may never trust anyone again on anything. I will be so freaking jaded that even my cat will not want to be around me. Good Lord Chris, are you serious?? "Et tu Brute....?"
Sadly this jives with what I heard over the weekend as I had a beer with an old college mate of Mack's. He had heard that the deal with Louisville was a package for the entire coaching machine. All Assistants. Obviously he was not certain having not spoken to Chris himself but he seemed fairly confident in that rumor based on his sources. We both were hoping it was dead wrong. I hate depending on 'hope'.
Tired of it. We X fans deserve better. Screw this, if this can be confirmed XU needs to immediately grab a podium and fire them all for cause.
Then - Nate Oats please. Pronto
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:03 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 pm
Agree W/ The Coach. Also, if true, I may never trust anyone again on anything. I will be so freaking jaded that even my cat will not want to be around me. Good Lord Chris, are you serious?? "Et tu Brute....?"
Sadly this jives with what I heard over the weekend as I had a beer with an old college mate of Mack's. He had heard that the deal with Louisville was a package for the entire coaching machine. All Assistants. Obviously he was not certain having not spoken to Chris himself but he seemed fairly confident in that rumor based on his sources. We both were hoping it was dead wrong. I hate depending on 'hope'.
Tired of it. We X fans deserve better. Screw this, if this can be confirmed XU needs to immediately grab a podium and fire them all for cause.
Then - Nate Oats please. Pronto
thats a shame. I was hoping Steele would be the guy
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Very very little in life is forever....not a school, not a job, not your car, not your home, maybe not a spouse,etc ..........Change in life is almost daily...I have no problem with what may be happening.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:10 pm

I seriously doubt there is any cause on X's behalf legally. They very well may already have been communicated to as to his status. However, this could all be a lot of hot air about the recruiting anyways.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”