Bracketology

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Bracketology

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:20 pm

I don't think this loss hurt X very much. A 3-1 definitely gets them in, especially if Butler is one of those wins (which I expect), and DePaul isn't the loss. 2-2 makes it dicey, but again, it will depend on whom they beat, and the performance of bubble teams. I don't think their NET will drop more than two points max., depending on how ASU and Wichita St does. Both are behind X in the NET rankings.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:20 pm
I don't think this loss hurt X very much. A 3-1 definitely gets them in, especially if Butler is one of those wins (which I expect), and DePaul isn't the loss. 2-2 makes it dicey, but again, it will depend on whom they beat, and the performance of bubble teams. I don't think their NET will drop more than two points max., depending on how ASU and Wichita St does. Both are behind X in the NET rankings.
I think X has to beat Butler. They can't go to Selection Sunday with a 1-9 record against the top 5 teams in the Big East. Commitee will look at this as they cannot beat teams in the tourney.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 pm

No way we make the tourney after today’s effort. To watch this team in person lose to SH, CU, and Nova at home and never have the lead shows the fight in this team. Don’t even get me started with Steeles offense and the play of Carter, Scruggs and Freemantle
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 pm

skyhops wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 pm
No way we make the tourney after today’s effort. To watch this team in person lose to SH, CU, and Nova at home and never have the lead shows the fight in this team. Don’t even get me started with Steeles offense and the play of Carter, Scruggs and Freemantle
I will wait and see about the tourney
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:44 pm

I am with MM. Wait and see about the tournament. One game at a time. DePaul is not chopped liver. Go X. Back into form on Tuesday.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:05 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:02 pm
longliveskip wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:41 am
my dream scenario at this point:

get into a 7-10 game (i don't care which seed or who we play)
that game plays the winner of the 2-15 game, right? i want that 2-seed to be UD and i want to squash their dreams of a S16, E8, and FF all at once. so tired of hearing about them. i know they're good but man would i love to beat them in the tourney and at the same time get ourselves to another S16.

here's to hoping.
LLS,

Here’s hoping your dream and my nightmare does not come true. Dayton has exactly two overtime losses at neutral venues against two top ten NET teams in Kansas and Colorado. They have the best player in the country, a 6’9“ wing who can play in the post or on the perimeter, and runs like a deer on the break. He avg.s 19/ppg., with shooting stats of: 62%/69%/36%. They have 4 guys in the starting lineup who average over 10 ppg, and all shoot at least 36% from the three. As a team, their shooting numbers are: 52%/73%/37%. They avg. 80ppg. and are one of the best shooting teams in the country along with teams like the Zags. They also have the leading candidate for the Nat’l Coach of the Year, along with Scott Drew & Brian Dutcher (SD St). I’d rather play Duke.
and they get to play in the s#$%a$$ A-10. they haven't been defended by a team like X yet. not even close. i don't care about the numbers or the stats. their "grind" and what they see night in and night out doesn't even compare to what we see in the Big East. i don't want to go near Duke. i'd take UD 100 times out of 100 for a chance to go to the sweet 16.
MOSQUETERO

Postby MOSQUETERO » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:49 am

I know Dayton is a formidable team but I don't think they’re unbeatable and I don’t think they would be 14-0 in the BE. We probably couldn’t beat them but I believe the top 3 teams in our conference can.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:46 am

Agree that UD would have troubles in the Big East. The A10 is weak this year, which UD’s whiney fans don’t understand.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 am

and i'm not saying it's a given that we would roll them/beat them, either. all i'm saying is i would LOVE the chance to shut them and their fan base up. all i hear is about how UD has FF aspirations, etc.

i'm ready to squash their dreams is all i'm saying.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:23 pm

MOSQUETERO wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:49 am
I know Dayton is a formidable team but I don't think they’re unbeatable and I don’t think they would be 14-0 in the BE. We probably couldn’t beat them but I believe the top 3 teams in our conference can.
Of course they wouldn't. They'd still be the best team in the BE, though Nova is doing what they do, which is peaking as March approaches.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”