It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:35 am

Board index » Xavier Basketball Chatboards » Xavier Men's Basketball All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: X 22nd in new Coaches poll.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:38 pm 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Andrew hates Duke.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: X 22nd in new Coaches poll.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:11 pm 

I thought for sure X would drop out of the top 25 but with all the upsets over the weekend how could they.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:17 pm 

UC got 1 vote. What a joke - they are 9-9!

Anybody know if we can see what joker gave them a vote?

Andrew hates Duke.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:24 pm 

Since it is a coach's poll, I suspect either Huggins or Mick himself if either have a vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 pm 

I have to admit that I thought we'd drop to the #26 or #27 spot, but I agree that the flurry of upsets probably helped keep X in the top 25. Now let's get that pub for a big win on Thursday!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:16 pm 

Marquette and Texas A&M hanging up as high as they are is a joke. Marquette especially. They have one, that's one good win- at Wisconsin. Their non-con SOS was 183 and they got rolled by 15 points or over at all 3 Conference road games they've played. They have 4 losses, just like Xavier and 3 less wins with nothing like the strength of schedule. They haven't even played Pitt or Villanova yet. The love affair with those guys, I do not get.

As for A&M, they played the 140 ranked non-con SOS. They got rolled by over 20 both games last week and have only two wins over Top 100 teams- Oral Roberts and Ohio State. Another sham.

Obviously, again, the coaches pay little attention as to who has really done what. Same ol' thing. Play in a percieved big conference, get more leeway. Play in the A-10 and lose a game, get screwed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:16 pm 

Marquette and Texas A&M hanging up as high as they are is a joke. Marquette especially. They have one, that's one good win- at Wisconsin. Their non-con SOS was 183 and they got rolled by 15 points or over at all 3 Conference road games they've played. They have 4 losses, just like Xavier and 3 less wins with nothing like the strength of schedule. They haven't even played Pitt or Villanova yet. The love affair with those guys, I do not get.

As for A&M, they played the 140 ranked non-con SOS. They got rolled by over 20 both games last week and have only two wins over Top 100 teams- Oral Roberts and Ohio State. Another sham.

Obviously, again, the coaches pay little attention as to who has really done what. Same ol' thing. Play in a percieved big conference, get more leeway. Play in the A-10 and lose a game, get screwed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:21 pm 

The USA TODAY/ESPN Board of Coaches is made up of 31 head coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The board for the 2007-08 season: Mike Adras, Northern Arizona; Dana Altman, Creighton; Tommy Amaker, Harvard; Tevester Anderson, Jackson State; Randy Bennett, Saint Mary's; Eddie Biedenbach, North Carolina-Asheville; Jim Boeheim, Syracuse; Matt Brady, Marist; Rick Byrd, Belmont; Charles Coles, Miami (Ohio); Steve Fisher, San Diego State; Pat Flannery, Bucknell; Tim Floyd, Southern California; Greg Graham, Boise State; Tom Green, Fairleigh Dickinson; Johnny Jones, North Texas; Mike Lonergan, Vermont; Mike McConathy, Northwestern State; Bob McKillop, Davidson; Phil Martelli, Saint Joseph's; Ron "Fang" Mitchell, Coppin State; Dave Odom, South Carolina; Matt Painter, Purdue; Tom Pecora, Hofstra; Doc Sadler, Nebraska; Scott Sutton, Oral Roberts; Jimmy Tillette, Samford; Bob Thomason, Pacific; Perry Watson, Detroit Mercy; Gary Williams, Maryland; Doug Wojcik, Tulsa.

mick or huggins do not vote, only area coach is charlie coles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:45 pm 

Surprise, surprise. Whining about the rankings (this time, moreso about other teams' rankings than our own, thankfully).

News flash: We're not in a BCS conference, and therefore don't get the "cred" that comes with that. I think we all knew that.

Oh, and we lost to Temple last week. We only dropped two spots. I'll take that.

We can't do anything about any of the other teams unless we play them. So let's just concentrate on doing what we can do, and that starts with Dayton on Thursday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:51 pm 

XUOWNSUC wrote:
UC got 1 vote. What a joke - they are 9-9!

Anybody know if we can see what joker gave them a vote?

does Andrew still hate Duke is the question.

Board index » Xavier Basketball Chatboards » Xavier Men's Basketball All times are UTC - 5 hours