It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Board index » Xavier Basketball Chatboards » Xavier Men's Basketball All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Official Xavier vs. Dayton Thoughts Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:47 pm 

The first thread to discuss the anticipated XU/UD game this Thursday. Share your thoughts, make predictions, talk a little crap haha.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The Official Xavier vs. Dayton Thoughts Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:09 pm 

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. I was reading the UD forums (for entertainment) and it seemed to me that they were conceding the loss. If we really want to prove ourselves as legitimate contenders we have to win these games. I am really looking forward to the game at UD more than this one. By that time will we have learned to play on the road?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:25 pm 

I suspect we'll be down in the 1st half, possibly by double digits. Should be close be half. If we come out early in the 2nd half and take control they should wear down. If we don't put them away by the 8 minute timeout mark, I expect a nail biter. X will prevail, but I'm leaving my nails long for now.
My POV.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:30 pm 

X swept Dayton last year so their seniors are gonna want this game bad, especially after losing last week in that toilet they call home. They've had a week to prepare whereas the Muskies will have had about two days. X has got to bring it - can't lose to the Flyers at Cintas!
PS: Where can I get an official "I Hate Dayton" t-shirt? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:58 pm 

Why do we need a T-shirt for Thursday's game? Why stoop to the level of their fans?

"Every time Dayton loses, an angel gets his wings." - PMThor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:17 pm 

I don't care if Wright and Little are hurt. This is Roberts' last chance to be X in the Cintas Center. So, I think that ud will give X its best shot. I don't think for a second it will be enough to win, but at this point I also do not take anything for granted. After two tough road games, X comes home to the friendly confines with plenty of rest and a chance to game plan. Pretty simple to me, stop Roberts and you win. Stan will be on him like a glove making it tough for Roberts to get open looks. The big thing will be to play tough down low, both on offense and defense. X will win, but by how much is hard to say. If they come out playing like they did versus Virginia, forget it, it'll be a blowout. If they play like they did at Temple, they will still likely win, but we'll be on the edges of our seats.

GO X!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:19 pm 

hatin' dayton.....hatin' dayton.....stanley, you got roberts, sic 'im

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:20 pm 

X 72 UD 65

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:06 pm 

I really think the UD win vs. Pitt has been minimized due to UC beating them too. Don't get me wrong UC is up and coming. But they supposedly are two or so years away and they are beating or playing the teams to date in the Big East rather tough. I think the whole BE thing at least this year is overplayed. I heard the other night on the radio Daugherty ask a guest where would XU fit in in the big E. He said middle of the pack.

I believe this year we would beat most of the Big E. teams. Maybe not every year but this year I think we would.

The point of all this is that we should beat UD even though they have a better RPI and won/loss record. I think that they have played only three good teams and they are 2-1 against them. We unfortunately have some bad losses but some great wins. We are probably 5-2 against good teams.
I say XU 82 UD 69 -----Biggernlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:31 am 

XU 77

UD 60

The streak will continue!!!!

Board index » Xavier Basketball Chatboards » Xavier Men's Basketball All times are UTC - 5 hours