Duke Game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Duke Game thread

Postby muskieman » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:18 pm

Hope the guys get a good night's sleep as the starters all played 30 minutes. Can't have careless passes

3 PM ESPN Time to make a splash and take down Duke
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
yellow20xd

Re: Duke Game thread

Postby yellow20xd » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:01 am

Let's Go X!!!... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Timeless

Postby Timeless » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:15 am

X scored 90 against Florida. If they match that against Duke, I'd take our chances. Boum is shooting lights out, and his aggressive drives are something others can learn to emulate. He certainly is winning his way into fans' hearts. A win over Duke would be a nice quad 1 trophy. Good luck guys and bring it home
connecticut72

Postby connecticut72 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:44 am

I like our chances today but probably not enough to lay the 3 pts. with real money. I agree I think we match up well and a neutral court should help. This team thus far has proven to be a gritty veteran team that knows how to win. Today will obviously put that statement to the test. Fremantle's stupid turn overs must stop. His poor inbound pass at the end of the Florida game was inexcusable. If Jones can shoot like yesterday he will take X and his game to a another level. Our big guys will need to stay out of foul trouble. A win here will certainly create a positive attitude going forward. Let's go X beat Duke.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:40 pm

Very excited about today's Duke game. Duke is tall , talented and young. Playing at a neutral site helps. I think if we box out well and keep them off the offensive boards we have have a good chance. Need to use our bench more . Two games in two days is a lot. Clean up our careless turnovers and Xavier wins by 4.
xaviermuskie2003

Postby xaviermuskie2003 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:04 pm

X is gonna roll. We match up well.

We are the veteran team while they rely heavily on freshman. Nunge will handle Filipowski. He's got the size and is 5 years older.

They don't have as much talent on the perimeter as they normally do.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:09 pm

Who again were the folks swearing Duke can’t shoot?????
connecticut72

Postby connecticut72 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:30 pm

Fremantle might as well have on a Blue Jersey. We have are having trouble running our stuff on offense. No margin for error but we are hanging in there. Key play at the end of the first half with Souley scoring after the Duke turnover. I still have hope but it is not easy beating a bench full of McDonald All Americans.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:30 pm

God awful first half for Xavier. Freemantle's man scored the first 9 points of the game. Nunge and Freemantle looked timid. The guards can't play defense. Turnovers and yet we are only 6 down. Seems like a lot more. Guards can't stay in front of their man. We have to outscore the opponent. Can't stop them.
Timeless

Postby Timeless » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:39 pm

How will Miller solve the 7 footers of Duke? The fact that X is as close as they are is due in part to Boum scoring

Refs are letting Duke do a lot more hands-on than they have X.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”