Dayton is Xavier's Little Brother

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskiefan19

Dayton is Xavier's Little Brother

Postby muskiefan19 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Oh yep, we said this.

We didn't go anywhere, guys. The criticism doesn't bother us at all, it's pretty funny hearing some of you guys get as mad as you do about some of the stuff we post. We'll always be right here bringing content to you and hanging out with you guys.

Keep the comments coming guys, we love it.

https://thebrokenanchor.com/why-dayton- ... to-xavier/
madness31

Re: Dayton is Xavier's Little Brother

Postby madness31 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:59 am

I didn't read the article because it is a ridiculous premise given last year's results. UD had a legit shot at winning the tournament. Certainly they may have failed in the opening round or any game prior to winning it all but there is no reason to assume they would not have ran the table. Especially if you conduct the tournament with Duke and some other schools dropping out.

X on the other hand had no shot at making the tournament. I want X to be amazing every year but this headline is childish. I have nothing against UD or UC. They are just other teams to beat. It feels a little better to beat them than a random team but it would be nice if X stops acting like a scared child and schedule games against UD again. OSU has been afraid to schedule games against X for a long time. I do not want to be that pathetic. Every year X chooses to not schedule games against UD is a year where our manhood shrinks. OSU has no manhood left, is that what you really want for X?

If that was sexist, I apologize. I'd be happy to put the language in more feminist terms if anyone has any suggestions.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:47 am

What is the upside for X in scheduling UD? Especially if UD wants a home and home every year? How would it help X to play UD and Miami every year, like they used to?

Does the fact that UD finally had a great year LAST year, really change things much? If that's so important, why doesn't X also seek to schedule Loyola of Chicago, or George Mason, or Murray State? All of them have made splashes on the national scene in recent years. But then they quickly faded away again soon afterwards, didn't they? Let's see UD have a run of great years, let's see them back up last year, before we jump to the conclusion that you've made.
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:49 pm

madness31 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:59 am
I didn't read the article because it is a ridiculous premise given last year's results. UD had a legit shot at winning the tournament. Certainly they may have failed in the opening round or any game prior to winning it all but there is no reason to assume they would not have ran the table. Especially if you conduct the tournament with Duke and some other schools dropping out.

X on the other hand had no shot at making the tournament. I want X to be amazing every year but this headline is childish. I have nothing against UD or UC. They are just other teams to beat. It feels a little better to beat them than a random team but it would be nice if X stops acting like a scared child and schedule games against UD again. OSU has been afraid to schedule games against X for a long time. I do not want to be that pathetic. Every year X chooses to not schedule games against UD is a year where our manhood shrinks. OSU has no manhood left, is that what you really want for X?

If that was sexist, I apologize. I'd be happy to put the language in more feminist terms if anyone has any suggestions.
You are crazy if you think X is scared of UD. It is the crap UD has pulled over the years that finally made cutting the cord easy. Based on most of your comments which are crazy you have no idea other than your opinion that UD would have run the table but let's say Duke and other teams had dropped out why would you not think X would have not had a better shot at making the tourney. As for how good UD was last year how many times has UK or Duke or other been ranked as the 1st team in the tourney and never won or made the final four most of the time. In fact, the team you give little credit to, Xavier, every time you come on here was a #1 and didn't get to the final four so UD had the same chance as X did. I understand you can't give X credit for anything which might be because you were abused sometime in your life or you got became sour in your old age but give your negativity a rest on the UD front because not scheduling them has nothing to do with X's manhood. As for OSU, schedule us or not makes no difference to me and only you and 2005 think we need it to prove something.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:29 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:49 pm
madness31 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:59 am

You are crazy if you think X is scared of UD. It is the crap UD has pulled over the years that finally made cutting the cord easy. Based on most of your comments which are crazy you have no idea other than your opinion that UD would have run the table but let's say Duke and other teams had dropped out why would you not think X would have not had a better shot at making the tourney. As for how good UD was last year how many times has UK or Duke or other been ranked as the 1st team in the tourney and never won or made the final four most of the time. In fact, the team you give little credit to, Xavier, every time you come on here was a #1 and didn't get to the final four so UD had the same chance as X did. I understand you can't give X credit for anything which might be because you were abused sometime in your life or you got became sour in your old age but give your negativity a rest on the UD front because not scheduling them has nothing to do with X's manhood. As for OSU, schedule us or not makes no difference to me and only you and 2005 think we need it to prove something.
I agree with MM. the reasons for not playing UD have nothing to do with fear, and everything to do with the treatment we have received from UD over a period of many years. Had you collectively not acted so boorish over so many years the situation might not be so impossible.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:08 am

I would welcome renewing the series with them.It has a great history and certainly wouldn't hurt our resume most of the time.I actually dislike UD more than UC
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:56 pm

I would love to have UD in the BE and play them twice every year. Dayton was going to be a 1 or 2 or 3 seed at worse in March Madness/the Dance...last year. They were that good.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:53 pm

I'm very confused how I got accused of saying UD would have won it last year. I said they had a legit chance at winning it.

I agree we don't need to play OSU to prove anything but it is sad that they are unwilling to play us. I find it sad, we are unwilling to play UD.

UD and OSU are good programs and close by. Most years, X would beat both programs.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:56 am

UD is picked 3rd in the A-10 this year.

At the end of last year the A10 was ranked as the 8th best conference by RPI. Congratulations to UD on a great season LAST year, but their strength of schedule and the strength of their conference has to be taken into consideration to. A single team dominating the A-10 for a year or so has not been uncommon in the past. But how often has that same team actually made it through the tournament to a Final 4? Or a Championship? UD might have done that last year, but history doesn’t support the idea that they definitely would have.

The Big East was the #1 ranked conference by RPI. Have to wonder where a team like X may have finished in the A-10 last year, or where they would be ranked preseason this year. I don’t know enough about the rosters of those teams (and don’t care enough to check it out), but I’d suspect that the current roster would compare favorably with almost any of the A-10 teams. There are still a lot of dogs in the A10, but there are no easy wins in the BE.
#WHYNOTX?
JTG

Postby JTG » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:48 am

A buddy of mine from HS is a UD grad. He sent me an email yesterday about the Flyers. They are dreaming of joining the BE, because they assume no league can function at 11 members, but in reality want to join the AAC because their games will go from streaming on ESPN, to actual TV on an ESPN channel. They did get some highly regarded recruits, figure they have their coach locked up for a long time, and have state of the art facilities (what??). This article went on to say they had the money to offer Archie $3.2 mil a year to stay. But the lure of the BIG was too much. Hmmmm.
Some UD insider wrote the article, so I only got bits and pieces of it.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”