Xavier adds another transfer

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Xavier adds another transfer

Postby skyhops » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:02 am

Might have to pump the brakes considering he played for Hampton. I remember everyone thinking Isiah Phillmore was the second coming of David West.
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Hops- I am not saying he will our savior and he maybe lost in the shuffle but he seems to be a good backup off the bench. I know the Big South is a far cry from the Big East but he is not some hack that just fills out the roster. Go Xavier!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 pm

Sounds like a good rebounder, which we will need.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:02 pm

Stanley looks like he could be a a craftly scorer within twelve feet, kind of like CJ Anderson with more range. Unfortunately, he carrying on a recent tradition of being a poor free throw shooter. Another problem is based on limited footage and his scouting report, he'll have as much difficulty guarding a quick skilled wing, as I did trying to block Muskieman from his 4th piece of pumpkin pie on T-Giving....and that was before dinner. That is X's most critical need: someone who can guard tall wings. Marshall's mostly cringeworthy offense, was more than neutralized by his stellar defense. X will be a top 4 BE team once they can find this missing piece. AH will be hitting the phones hard to low majors trying to pluck the latter. Does Scott at UC still have any eligibility?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 am

Excellent point AH. I doubt CJ Anderson would see much success if he was playing in the BE considering the rim protectors. He also benefited by having a bunch of talent around him. If he can get at least 5 boards and maybe 7 points per game he will be an improvement over Carter.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”