Not a good day for DePaul

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Not a good day for DePaul

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:45 pm

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... j9Fu07T8RQ

probably the bright side is: "A vacation of records in which the men’s basketball student-athlete competed while ineligible" might change an L to a vacated
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
oldhoopster

Re: Not a good day for DePaul

Postby oldhoopster » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 pm

So DePaul gets penalized for helping a student pass. What will colleges get that had someone take tests or write papers for athletes? And what will eventually happen to those involved in the shoe company pay to come to their school get?, a slap on the wrist?
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:52 am

I promise you nothing will happen to the large schools no matter what rules they violate. Money is too big for the NCAA so they turn their heads. LSU could not have done anymore BS and nothing happening . Heck, the AD got fired not the coach who was busted on a wiretap offering tons of money to recruits.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:29 pm

joeabe wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:52 am
I promise you nothing will happen to the large schools no matter what rules they violate. Money is too big for the NCAA so they turn their heads. LSU could not have done anymore BS and nothing happening . Heck, the AD got fired not the coach who was busted on a wiretap offering tons of money to recruits.
speaking of LSU, did you see their new football lockerroom? They make the X locker room look like the old garden's lockerroom in comparison. Each locker has a cushioned couch with a touch screen computer with looks like it could seat a couple of people. Yea, they are not going to be punished
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 pm

And U of L offers recruits prostitutes and gets nothing. I guess that is not a recruiting enticement.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Theology73

Postby Theology73 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:16 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 pm
And U of L offers recruits prostitutes and gets nothing. I guess that is not a recruiting enticement.
Tom Mack assures me that Chris has put a stop to that.
Mark Twain was wrong. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled. It is a shared personal experience in a majestic wonderland guided by God, whose name is called frequently during the round.
JKC74

Postby JKC74 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:21 am

The NCAA's only solution is to ban Cleveland State !!!!
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Theology73 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:16 pm
olsingledigit wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 pm
Tom Mack assures me that Chris has put a stop to that.
The Pitinos also swear Rick is innocent. Same with the Wade and Miller family members, so I feel good about that. In all fairness, CM obviously didn't have anything to do with the legacy of 3 decades of cheating at L-Ville, so perhaps I shouldn't imply he is somehow connected. My fair and balanced perspective is why I am an invaluable member of the moderator team. Thanks to all of you in advance for the kudos I'm sure will flood my inbox.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 pm

I am not at all implying that CM had anything to do with the UL problems, but that doesn’t absolve UL. Equal justice for all.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”