Bluiett

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
joeabe

Bluiett

Postby joeabe » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

I watched him in several games for the Pelicans summer league team. He led them is scoring last evening with 16 playing like 10 minutes less than all the rookie draft choices. He may be a step slow in D but he sure can fill it up from 3. Really hope he catches on here. Griffin ( Cavs) our new GM wants a family atmosphere in the locker room . He fits that perfectly also......Go Trevon!!
joeabe

Re: Bluiett

Postby joeabe » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 am

Pels reported this morning they did not pick up his contract for this season. I guess he's a free agent? Tough business!!
madness31

Postby madness31 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 pm

Great shooter and tough player. Unfortunately he doesn't fit the NBA mold very well. He may find an opportunity but he is better suited for Europe.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 pm

madness31 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 pm
Great shooter and tough player. Unfortunately he doesn't fit the NBA mold very well. He may find an opportunity but he is better suited for Europe.
Agreed. However, guys like Korver, Mirotic (sp?), & Reddick should give him hope. The positive for him is that while I don't claim to be an NBA expert (despite the claims made by many on this board), the league seems to have a handful of teams who simply want to outscore the opponent. That has been largely Golden State's model for the past few years, who win by largely by outscoring others. I think JP could definitely be a nice 15-18 minute per game player. I wish I also had his unwavering confidence.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 pm

There is almost no defense in the NBA. That is not the issue with Buiett. He is not fluid and smooth when he moves with the ball. He has a quick release but he looks uncoordinated. His game is very stuttering and is dependent on officials giving him calls when he puts the ball on the floor. He likely doesn't get those calls meaning he is a pure spot-up shooter. He would have been an ideal fit on GSW, not sure if that is still true but Kerr knows a little about pure shooters.

JP can attack a little but also looks a bit odd at times. He occasionally looks very coordinated and at other moments looks the opposite. He is an opportunist on defense which is intriguing to teams. He also has great court vision to find teammates in scoring position. The concern with JP is shooting consistency. If he can shoot at a high percentage, he should not only stick in the league but be a contributor.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”