Jack Thobe, RIP

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Pierre Dracot

Jack Thobe, RIP

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Heard from Jack's wife, Blanche, that he passed away yesterday morning at his home in Costa Mesa. He died peacefully, while surrounded by family members.

In his day (Class of '62), he was my favorite Xavier player.
muskienick

Re: Jack Thobe, RIP

Postby muskienick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Pierre Dracot wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:06 pm
Heard from Jack's wife, Blanche, that he passed away yesterday morning at his home in Costa Mesa. He died peacefully, while surrounded by family members.

In his day (Class of '62), he was my favorite Xavier player.
I was a freshman at St. X when Jack was a senior stud on the BB team. I later rooted for him at XU when I was a frosh there also! A great guy and a fine post player for the Bombers and Muskies!
Last edited by muskienick on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
edgecliff hall

Re: Jack Thobe, RIP

Postby edgecliff hall » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 am

Muskienick, conrats on your bottom-of-the-post statement. It takes in everybody, and it gives deserved thanks to all.
I have a good feeling about Coach Steele. Maybe it's the strong way he goes after players. Maybe it's his high optimistic attitude. I just have a very good feeling about Coach Steele.

Sad for the loss of Jack Thobe, a great Musketeer.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”