JP signs two way contract

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

JP signs two way contract

Postby muskieman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:34 pm

JP signed a to way deal with the Hornets. Two way players belong to both the G league team and the NBA parent club. The Hornets G league team is the Greensboro Swarm

Gate will play on Chicago's summer league team

two way contracts can be nice deals
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
xu koop scoop

Re: JP signs two way contract

Postby xu koop scoop » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 pm

So the Hornets can call up JP to only play in road games. He can then agitate the players and the fans and help them win games. He can then be sent down for home games. That's a good two way contract. Go JP!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:19 pm

xu koop scoop wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 pm
So the Hornets can call up JP to only play in road games. He can then agitate the players and the fans and help them win games. He can then be sent down for home games. That's a good two way contract. Go JP!
at the rate he might make millions
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:27 pm

What?
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 pm

These deals are great for these guys (gary clark from uc signed a 2-way with the rockets as well.

I'd almost rather have one of these deals than be drafted at the bottom of the second round. There are no guarantees deals for second rounders but JP has a signed NBA contract going into the summer.

It's nice because you have some sort of guarantee there though he'll likely spend most of his time in the G-league. However, if he proves himself they can easily bring him up to the NBA.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:14 pm

NBA rosters grew from 15 spots to 17 thanks to the addition of a pair of “two-way players” that can spend up to 45 days on an NBA roster.
Under these contracts a player will be able to make an NBA salary on a pro-rata basis while with the parent club, while also being able to earn his G League salary when with the affiliate tea. At the end of 2016 season, 44 percent of players on NBA rosters had prior G League experience. Now, under the two-way system, an even greater emphasis will be placed on using the G League to grow NBA talent.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:47 pm

Well deserved and smart move by Charlotte. JP could surprise in the NBA. If his shot becomes more consistent he will get time on the court. He sees the floor well and has a high basketball IQ but does occasionally shove his head up his backside. Defensively he is better than most give him credit for and his length will continue to aid him on that end of the floor. The NBA doesn't play much defense anyway so if he struggles there, he will be like 90% of the league.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”