Non Conference Schedule

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
letsgoxu

Re: Non Conference Schedule

Postby letsgoxu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm

I don't understand why people don't like this schedule...

It's pretty on par with most Top 25 teams. A couple games against power conference schools (Wisconsin, UC, Missouri ), the best in-season tournament we can possibly hope for, and a bunch of games we should win.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:31 pm

letsgoxu wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm
I don't understand why people don't like this schedule...

It's pretty on par with most Top 25 teams. A couple games against power conference schools (Wisconsin, UC, Missouri ), the best in-season tournament we can possibly hope for, and a bunch of games we should win.
The problem with the two games against teams in power conferences (UC is not in a power conference), is that neither is projected to be very good, to my knowledge. Also, the only way X plays more than one high quality game in the T-giving tourney, is if they upset Auburn, which isn't likely. The good news is that they play in a top 4 power conference, so their sos and opportunity to secure a number of quality wins is there.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:39 am

if there ever was a year to have a "weaker" non-conf schedule, this is the year. roster turnover, a lot of new faces learning a new system (for them), 80% of our scoring gone from last year, etc.

i mean, we aren't even close to the non-conf schedule that G-town puts together (last year's was abysmal. this year's is a little better) so if it's a little on the "weak" side this year, that's ok.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”