DEFENSE

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Go Go Golston

DEFENSE

Postby Go Go Golston » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Watch nothing but the two defenses (when in man). Wright teaches in your grill, palms open, sit on the barstool, trace the ball, move your feet, watch the belly button. Even if you're not quick you can focus on other aspects of good solid man to man defense.
Xavier sags off on everybody. Their is no defensive identity. No sense of urgency. Very little technique. Anybody that knows my posts knows I end up saying it every season. Every team we play from here on out will score 80+ so we better score 90. I wish he would teach better defensive fundamentals. And its not about getting to sign the rebound bubble.
X Factor

Re: DEFENSE

Postby X Factor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Pretty much agree.
Go Go Golston

Postby Go Go Golston » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 pm

75% of good man-D is what you do BEFORE your man gets the ball. Hate to say it but the head guy across town at the evil empire talks all the time about deflections. That means you're in ball denial when your guy is one pass away.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 pm

last 6 possessions running 1-3-1 nova was 4-6 from 3. Their 2 misses were wide open looks.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Xavier has not played good defense since Miller left. I'm not sure we have even played respectable defense during the Mack tenure. Even when winning I find X games a bit tortuous to watch. You can't expect to outscore everyone if you don't defend at a reasonable level. The team got lucky last year in the tournament with a favorable draw combined with hot shooting. It could happen again this year but Bluiett hasn't shot well the past 7 games. His shoulder is likely an issue so if he doesn't rest it then it is doubtful we can outshoot anyone. Even if the rest of the team shot well, he takes so many shots that it just isn't likely.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”