Pat Kelsey

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center

Re: Pat Kelsey

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Theology73 wrote:
brockman231 wrote:I spoke to a family friend of Pat's. He said Kelsey thought he was going to get the Dayton job and that is why dropped UMass.
When I spoke to his dad, UD was not in the conversation. Mike told me he dropped UMass because he got a bad feeling about it and he was really close to his team and support system at Winthrop.
That doesn't make sense. If he was close to his team and support system, why interview and then accept in the first place, only to change your mind -a day after accepting. I don't know the true story (like everyone else on the board) but if you are truly that close, I don't see you actually accepting. I can see you interviewing to test the waters but to say yes? I would definitely proceed with caution if I were an AD looking for a coach[/quote]

I think the version that he retracted the U Mass offer b/c he thought he was in line to get the Dayton job makes the most sense. First of all, for full disclosure, let me say I am a big fan of both Pat Kelsey and his dad. I didn't know either well, but I almost bought my first car from his dad, a GM at Mckluskey Chevrolet, but he wouldn't use his pull to help me get "Thug Life" vanity plates I so desired. However, he was a very nice guy in our limited interaction.

I also think very highly of PK, who left XU abruptly b/c of the direction of the program in certain areas. Nuff said, but Mman and Hops, the two Board insiders, know what I'm talking about. It wasn't a big secret. I agree with X-Expert's logic, and I too would proceed with great caution when vetting him. I also would not expect his dad to disclose the real reason, b/c he wants to protect his son, as I would.

Nevertheless,

I wish the very best for PK and his family.
jskeldon

Postby jskeldon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:58 pm

brockman231 wrote:I spoke to a family friend of Pat's. He said Kelsey thought he was going to get the Dayton job and that is why dropped UMass.
This is 100% flat out not true per a source with direct knowledge. As Theology73 indicated, Dayton had nothing to do with Pat's decision.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:17 pm

I get in trouble when I say "sources"
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:52 pm

skyhops wrote:I get in trouble when I say "sources"
Sir,

May I say that is only one of the many legitimate reasons you sometimes, raise the ire of my mentors and heroes, the two senior Board Moderators Shadow and Mman. During our Board Moderator summer retreat we recently spent at Mman's time share in Guam, I pleaded for them to suspend you for disclosing unflattering info about the program, despite the fact that it was true.

Mman made me paint the fence and wax his car in circles for two days, then showed me an episode of the Brady Bunch, where Mr. Brady told one of his sons,"A wise man forgets his anger before he lies down to sleep." That crazy sob did it to me again. He is wise, though there is a sadness to his wisdom. At least I finally got over his anger wall and it was nothing short of glorious.

Seacrest out.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
skyhops wrote:I get in trouble when I say "sources"
Sir,

May I say that is only one of the many legitimate reasons you sometimes, raise the ire of my mentors and heroes, the two senior Board Moderators Shadow and Mman. During our Board Moderator summer retreat we recently spent at Mman's time share in Guam, I pleaded for them to suspend you for disclosing unflattering info about the program, despite the fact that it was true.

Mman made me paint the fence and wax his car in circles for two days, then showed me an episode of the Brady Bunch, where Mr. Brady told one of his sons,"A wise man forgets his anger before he lies down to sleep." That crazy sob did it to me again. He is wise, though there is a sadness to his wisdom. At least I finally got over his anger wall and it was nothing short of glorious.

Seacrest out.
and you were so close to the five week sober medallions.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Can no anyone else see that AH and Skyhops are one in the same? They validate one another by conversing with each other. Or maybe neither exists--at least not in the rational world.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:59 am

Pierre Dracot wrote:Can no anyone else see that AH and Skyhops are one in the same? They validate one another by conversing with each other. Or maybe neither exists--at least not in the rational world.
Keep your attenpts at investigative reporting coming. I am sure someday you will crack the big one.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 pm

I've never met Anti Homer before, so once again Pierre is incorrect in the rational world.