Kent. Jones situation

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Kent. Jones situation

Postby skyhops » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Seems doubtful that Kentavious is coming this year especially since Mack is looking at a Juco big man right now. Sources say if he does arrive he will be redshirted. His academic record is not the best.
muskieman
What is home venue for the Xavier Musketeers?: Cintas Center

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:22 pm

redshirting is always in the mix but I recall all those red shirts you predicted that never red shirted.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:56 am

skyhops wrote:Seems doubtful that Kentavious is coming this year especially since Mack is looking at a Juco big man right now. Sources say if he does arrive he will be redshirted. His academic record is not the best.
What? Please tell me this isn't true. This is the kind of ammo coaches can use to diminish X, just like I'm sure others did against Tom Crean for over recruiting all the time. Even w/o K Jones, who everyone knew was a big risk, we have 3 centers on the team, and often only play with only one true post player.

Saddam Hussain's body doubles had more stability on their roster.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Allegedly he has to get a certain grade in a class and he is in and if not he most likely will not attend. This is from multiple sources. His multiple schools and poor academic is very 90's UC like. Should not have been after him in the first place and that has been told to me many times. I thought Muskieman was coming around but I guess not. Mack didn't need to go this route and Big Kent was on the Oliver Miller workout plan.
X-man
Who is Xavier's current head coach?: Chris Mack
What year did Cintas Center open?: 2000

Postby X-man » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:13 am

skyhops wrote:Allegedly he has to get a certain grade in a class and he is in and if not he most likely will not attend. This is from multiple sources. His multiple schools and poor academic is very 90's UC like. Should not have been after him in the first place and that has been told to me many times. I thought Muskieman was coming around but I guess not. Mack didn't need to go this route and Big Kent was on the Oliver Miller workout plan.
I heard the same thing, from a very well placed source, weeks ago.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:03 am

I don't understand why people want to criticize just who is recruited and who is not. To say that X "should not have been after him in the first place"? I just don't get it. What's wrong with offering a kid another chance? X has had thousands of kids go through the university over the years that may not have had the greatest acidemic record coming in, but were given a chance. The worst thing that could happen is that he doesn't qualify and doesn't make it, right? How is that a problem for anyone other than him? But what if he does qualify, turns his life around, and becomes a great student and player? I don't see any downside to giving him a chance. If X had another big wanting to come and needing his scholarship, they could have pulled it at any time and given it to someone else. Everyone would have understood. In the meantime you keep the shcolly avalible for him, just in case he does qualify and does get into school.
#WHYNOTX?
Shadow

Postby Shadow » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:28 am

kyzrex wrote:I don't understand why people want to criticize just who is recruited and who is not.
Thirty possible reasons. Take your pick.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... ticize-you
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you
Ralph Waldo Emerson
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:52 pm

The reason it is a big deal is because we could have used that scholarship earlier for a player that could help vs a Jc. Same thing with Eddie. Baggage is not worth it
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:31 pm

skyhops wrote:The reason it is a big deal is because we could have used that scholarship earlier for a player that could help vs a Jc. Same thing with Eddie. Baggage is not worth it
You are assuming that their were kids that wanted to come to X, but that they aren't because there was not a scholarship avalible.

So you don't think that scholarships are given out with stipulations? We hear about offers being pulled all the time. If a kid fails to graduate or meet the requirements for eligibility, they don't keep the scholly. Don't you think that X does all of the checking necessary to make sure a kid can meet those requirements, and leaves themselves an out in case he doesn't? I'm sure that sometimes X may take a chance on a kid that could be a bit of a risk. But I'm pretty confident that they only do that after they have made sure that they are covered AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE first. Sometimes you can all of the due diligence possible and a KID (and we are talking about KIDS here) will still change their mind at the last minute. It happens to EVERY school. Sometimes KIDS will fail to meet the necessary requirements for admission (not just basketball players either this is true with all kids) even though everyone thought they would.

I still don't see why you even worry about it. Why let the choices of KIDS that aren't even your own get you so worked up. Relax. X will field a team this year, and based on all kinds of past history they may even win a few games. Let's wait and see who all is on the roster when the season starts. Gonna bet they have a full roster of good players. With or without BiG K
#WHYNOTX?
Pierre Dracot

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Skyhops is a troll of the most odious kind, can no one else see this?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”